Garage door repair should be addressed by professional and trained garage door experts. There are certain things that should be checked before calling a professional garage door company. Some problems are quite simple to handle.
For example, the squeaky and nosier garage door will merely need simple cleaning and lubrication. Some high tensed components like, torsion springs are extremely dangerous to handle which need expert assistance from professional garage door technicians. Before starting the fixing work, make sure to unplug the garage door opener, so that you do not get an electric shock while you are trying to fix the malfunctioning garage door. There is a possibility that you may be standing on a steel ladder which is a very bad place to get an electric shock. Don’t forget to wear safety glasses and gloves while working on the garage door. Visit the website to learn about the things which need to be checked before calling professional garage door assistance.
- Check metal track to find out damages: It is a very easy technique to solve the problems of garage door quickly. These tracks often may get bumps and dents. If there are, strike the affected area using a wood block and hammer to straighten the tracks.
- Test the alignment of the tracks: In case, garage door tracks are not balanced or aligned properly, they may contribute to malfunctioning. It is not necessary to remove the tracks completely to fix the issue. You just need to lose the screws and bolts and then tap the tracks slightly to their original position. Check the alignment with the help of the level. It should be done in no time.
- Clean the tracks thoroughly: Even though it may sound simple and essential but the accumulated dirt and hardened grease may cause the stuck garage door operations. To fix the issue, you just need to wash the garage door tracks. You may use regular washing cleaners to remove the goosy substances from tracks.
- Lubricate the tracks and rollers: Just lubricate the rollers and tracks will help you to fix the problems and restore the performance of the garage door in no time. You may need any light silicon spray or lubricant for this purpose. It is probably good to lubricate the tracks thoroughly right after cleaning the tracks.
- Tightening the loose screws and bolts: This hardware tends to be loose with the passage of time. Try to inspect all the screws and bolts in the mechanism of a garage door. Sometimes, simply tightening the screw will help to solve the problem. If you are not able to tighten the screws because their holes themselves have become loose, then you may use a “gap filler” or “wood filler” to cover the holes.
What not to do with the garage door?
If you have tried the above-mentioned solutions and none of them have work to fix the malfunctioning garage door then the problem may lie with the torsion springs. Well, it is strongly advised no to do anything with torsion springs because they can be dangerous. Unfortunately, there have been several cases, where homeowners have gotten injuries or killed by broken garage door springs. So, if you have any doubt about your skills, then stay away from them. In this way, a professional garage door expert will save you from injuries and damages.